The problem with household smells is that we get accustomed to them… when they are in our own homes. However, it takes just a few seconds in a stranger’s home, to know if a smoker lives there. The smell is in the air!
So when you put your home on the market, think about the common smells you might have lingering around your property. Remember, you may no longer notice them, but a prospective buyer will.
These may include:
- A diaper bin in the baby’s room
- Kitty litter
- Model making glue
- Paints, even if the cans or tubes are closed tightly
- Food. The aroma of a spicy meal can linger for hours
- Garbage cans. Even empty ones, if they are not clean
- Strong smelling soaps, perfumes and other cosmetics and toiletries
- Flowers and other plants
- Firewood, (especially pine)
- Outdoor shoes
- Door mats are especially prone to stains and smells.
Try to eliminate as many odours as possible. An hour or so before a viewing, open a few windows to give your home a breath of fresh air.
Your Real Estate Connection:
Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty
RentListingService.com – Condos and Houses for rent
CondoName.com – New and Resale Condos and Towns from Developers
Sutton Group-Summit Realty Inc. Brokerage
1100 Burnhamthorpe Road West #27
Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 4G4
Cell: 416-843-1515 Tel.: 905-897-9555